Design Smart City Europe: Vienna, Amsterdam, Prague
About Mayor Institute:
The Mayor Institute is a Vienna based Think Tank. Its main aim is to promote, develop and disseminate knowledge for responding 21st century challenges, such as growing populations in cities, environmental and mobility challenges but also challenges faced by small and medium sized enterprises.
This workshop focuses on strategies of how to design a smart city. Ex-Mayors, top city executives from leading smart cities within Europe as well as academics from architecture, urbanization, infrastructure development are presenting their ideas, experience and strategies to transform cities into modern urban environments.
“Design Smart City Europe: Vienna, Amsterdam, Prague” will be divided into 3 parts:
- 25.04.19, 10.00 to 17.00 – “ Smart Cities in Europe: Amsterdam and Rotterdam“ - Dr. Meine Pieter Van Dijk, Professor of UNECSO IHE and Erasmus University Rotterdam and Beijing University.
- 26.04.19, 10.00 to 13.00 – “Smart City Vienna – Number one livable city in the World” - Mr. Dominic Weiss, Director of the Smart City Agency Vienna.
- 26.04.19, 14.30 to 17.00 – “Prague transformation during joining EU” - Dr. Jan Koukal, Prague ExMayor and ambassador of Czech in Austria.
Course Language: English
Dr. Jan Koukal, Prague ExMayor and ambassador of Czech in Austria:
From 1993 to 1998 Dr. Jan Koukl was Mayor of Prague.
From 1996 to 1998 Dr. Jan Koukl was member of Parliament of Czech Republic. From 2006 to 2013 Mr. Jan Koukl served as Ambassador of Czech Republic in Austria. Since 2014 Dr. Jan Koukl is lecturer at the International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis at the Newton College.
Mr. Dominic Weiss, Director of the Smart City Agency Vienna:
10 years experience in the city development of Vienna; he was employed at different state agencies, including Vienna Business Agency and Smart City Agency Vienna. Graduated at the University of Vienna in European Union Political science.
Dr. Meine Pieter Van Dijk, Professor of UNECSO IHE and Erasmus University Rotterdam and Beijing University:
Professor of Erasmus University Rotterdam, Urbanization and Architecture; UNECSO IHE Institute for Housing and Urban Development; Visiting Professor Beijing University of Civil Engineering & Architecture.
Who Should Attend:
- Mayors and city top executives
- State regional Governors and Deputies
- Directors of government departments of Smart City
- Politicians, High-level policymakers, city and community bodies
- Politicians, High-level officials in central governments
Why you Should Attend:
The Mayor Institute is the only educational organization dedicated to smart city management and development.
The Mayor Institute provides an unique set of specific trainings, which are not typical to universities or educational organizations.
The Mayor Institute provides an excellent networking opportunity with Mayors, ExMayors and decision makers in governmental agencies.
- Vienna, Austria
- Hotel Savoyen Vienna
- Rennweg 16, 1030 Wien
- E-Mail: email@example.com
Located in the heart of the Embassy district, Belvedere Palace, Botanical Gardens and Hbf/Central Railway Station
Dates: April 25-26, 2019
Fee: 950 EUR for 2 day course with Certificate
Registration: Application form (click on the link) CV/Curriculum vitae (via e-mail)
Contact: Christopher Kronenberg, Director of Academic and Administration of Mayor Institute Europe. Gertrude Fröhlich Sandner Straße 3 | 1100 Wien
- QUARTIER BELVEDERE CENTRAL
- E-mail: Event@MayorInstitute.org
- Tel.: +43 676 472 7700